To all new players-get a merc ASAP

Do your bit of community service! :)
Eos
Class: N/A
Town: N/A

To all new players-get a merc ASAP

Post by Eos »

As far as I remember, 500k was all it took to get a merc and there was no level restriction. This,mind you, is back from when we didn't have that here and had to go to the A3 Singapore forums for info on upcoming features, since they already had episode 2.
I got mercs for all my characters the day the patch was launched, around a month before A3 India went paid.
These days I'm levelling my mage, who is currently lvl 28, and has a merc of level 29.
People in game have been amazed to see me with a merc and everyone says you have to be >30 to get one. Well, however you look at it, here I am, with a merc since level 1.
Having a merc that's very close to one's own level just rocks!
My mage is an elemental mage-not known for their defence. The merc is an HK merc, with the PS points for magic evasion and evasion being used up currently. In the beginning I used up the magic evasion one, not being clear on how to use em mercs effectively, and no way can i afford 5M to reset points.
Nor do I wanna start a new merc.

So anyway-this merc is also G3 (I set points for my mercs every 3 levels, i think I posted about this strategy long back. This lets your merc stats match those of equipment so that it can wear em properly. My merc for eg, has the stats of a lvl 17 mace HK. It has a mounted Khaen Shuthern (G3 mace) and is VERY effective in helping me against gerges and rescas.

Not everyone can have this advantage, i.e. you'll probably wind up at lvl 30 with a lvl 1 merc-but get it up and at par (or even higher) than your character for maximum effect.

One way I use is-set the merc to defend mode (press M) and wait for a resca to zap you. Merc goes off to bash up the resca, and you can deal with the vonoy that spawns! So I end up roasting vonoy, while merc kills the rescas for me-thats teamwork! :D
IGN: Eos
IGC:Quanatian G8 bow archer
KH: Phunkeym0nkeyz (owned)
Ladyrowena

Post by Ladyrowena »

That is really a cool idea will try to take a mage merc with my new warrior when i play next this i think will really result in good team work
Ahtnaver
Class: Holy Knight
Town: Quanato

your lucky to have a merc from the start

Post by Ahtnaver »

hello ,
i'm a sword hk and had no help when it came to choosing the right merc . so i get a hk merc wen i came to lvl 30 .i lvled it to 45 , when a friend told me that a melee fighter should have a long range attack merc . so , i got a mage merc and i lvld her upto 60 . then i heard about the archer merc's hustler and fatality . so , i got an archer merc . i'm currently lvl 70 , so i'm married to the jump qst . so , currently, the lvls of my merc's are ,
mage merc = 104 with offence mastery at lvl 9
archer merc = 28 with fatality at lvl 6
hk merc = 45 with 3 lvls in each evasion
i'm thinking of taking all 3 mercs to 110 + as this game has become boring with a lot of saddists ruling the roost .
i'm not gonna cross 70 for a long time and i just dont care due to the sad state of this game .
pls tell me if i need to assign ms points to a particular feature in a merc . i'v decided to use mage merc for auto hunt , archer merc for qsts and hunts and hk merc for bossing . what do u think ? i know i'm just wasting my time but the high lvls of my mercs may come in handy in future in the hatrel maps .
later . . .
{ IGN: Ahtnaver }{ IGC: Sword HK @ Q }{ KH Leader: ÇØV€ÑÅц }
Ladyrowena

Post by Ladyrowena »

Hi

I think you are doing it right in getting the mercs leveled up but do think of leveling yourself too :wink:

Also i think u should go for abilities of merc which increase your strengths for archer and merc namely fatality and evasion and for mage go for robust i think that will help you in your future endevour also try to level your shue too and find a good combo now of 60+ shue this way by the time you are 120 u will have an ss and good mercs to help you :)