TO PARTY OR NOT !! INTERESTING STUFF FOR LEECHERS !!

Do your bit of community service! :)
Fake_wars

TO PARTY OR NOT !! INTERESTING STUFF FOR LEECHERS !!

Post by Fake_wars »

Its just an observation : probably somebody already did post about this, but i dint not find that post:---------

1. when we party the xp earned by killing a monster doesn't get shared equally, but gets reduced by a %age, so the more people join the more the %age of reduction.also the more diff betn ur lvl & char killing the mob the lesser xp gained by u howerver a high level char kills faster..thus difference is not noticed.

2.If all the party members in a party of 7 are able to kill equally well & survive in a map, then the xp earned is 3 folds more than xp earned by a party where 6 are supporting & 1 is killing. if all chars in a party have area attack then amount of xp goes 4 folds provided all kill.

3. if u take the 1st shot on a monster, but that monster is killed by sumone else.. u still get xp and which is better than being in party.
....but the issue is u cannot take a shot on every monster killed by sumone, also u dont get WZ or drops. where as a party member gets xp, wz, drops(not always) continuosly whenever a monster is killed..

Bottom line.. to get xp u dont have to ask party.. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: just mob and make sure you are near the char that kills your mob...

I wish sum1 cud cascade the mssg to noobs..
so they stop asking for party & instead start mobbing... :x :x :evil:

DRED, Rex & IC please comment..
:wink: :roll: :idea:
dredisback

Post by dredisback »

WHAT HAPPENS IS THAT THE MORE THE PEOPLE IN THE PARTY, THE MORE IS THE EXP.

LET'S SUPPOSE
ONE PERSON IN A PARTY OF 7 EARNS 1000 EXP, BUT IF ONLY ONE PERSON HUNTS AND OTHERS DON'T THEN THE EXP IS SHARED AND THE EXP GAINED BY EACH PERSON IS 142.86.

IF ALL SEVEN PERSONS HUNT IN THE PARTY THEN THE EXP GAINED IS 1000 PER PERSON, THAT MEANS 7000 EXP FOR THE WHOLE PARTY.

BUT IF YOU HUNT ALONE, THEN THE EXP EARNED IS LESSER, MAYBE ABOUT 400, EVEN IF YOU HAVE A BOOSTER, THE EXP WON'T INCREASE UNLESS YOU HAVE A FULL PARTY AND ALSO 4-5 HUNTING MEMBERS!

SO YOU CAN SEE WHY THE HIGH LEVELERS PREFER TO HUNT ALONE BECAUSE TAKING NOOBS WITH THEM ACTUALLY REDUCES EXP FOR THEM!

ALSO THE AMOUNT BY WHICH THE EXP INCREASES IS DEPENDENT ON THE LEVEL OF MONSTER YOU KILL, IF IT IS A LOWER LEVEL MONSTER, THEN FIRST THE EXP GAINED IS TO BE CALCULATED, IF LOWER THEN THE NEXT EXP WILL BE LOWER, THAT MEANS MORE PARTY KILLERS REQUIRED.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SO ACCORDING TO THE ABOVE EXAPMLE
NO. OF HUNTERS___ EXP[PARTY]___EXP PER PERSON
1 HUNTER(S) ________ 1000 _______ 142.86
2 HUNTER(S) ________ 2000 _______ 285.71
3 HUNTER(S) ________ 3000 _______ 428.57
4 HUNTER(S) ________ 4000 _______ 571.43
5 HUNTER(S) ________ 5000 _______ 714.29
6 HUNTER(S) ________ 6000 _______ 857.14
7 HUNTER(S) ________ 7000 _______ 1000

THIS IS JUST FOR REFERENCE, THERE IS AN ACTUAL FORMULA FOR THE PARTY WHICH WAS ON THE SG FORUMS AND NOW IS INACCESIBLE!
Xeaon

Post by Xeaon »

If i m not wrong there is 20% bonus for each extra person in a party, provided all other factors such as level, mobs etc, remain same. Now assuming all 7 persons are of same level, if there are 7 persons killing in a party almost at a same speed, then exp for each of them is (100+140)/7)*7=240%. However this is possible only in theory, reason being all 7 cant kill and certainly not with same speed, some 1 have to mob, someone have to heal. Even if all can kill, then there will not be enough mobs to hunt in the space in which u should be so as to get party exp. So thats leaves us to 1 que, to party or not to party. One point that people miss is even after assuming few people dont kill in party, what they miss is the mobbing by them, healing/shielding by them, or transfer of pots among party members. This makes the party exp more , any day, be it of any level any caracter, as long as it does not take the form of pure leeching.

Also there is a exp bonus in the form that if mob level is higher than yourself, u get a certain % of extra exp (not sure if there is a max cap on % increase of exp). There is one official A3 site which lists the actual exp gained from each monster in absolute terms (i just could not remember the site, but someone can try to find it out, and it would be a great find too) when player and monster level is same. If player level goes up or down (than mob level) the exp changes accordingly.

So a noob of level 10 or level 50 may give u same extra exp boost (as i said u have to check out the exact exp from the site). However level 50 booster will surely a mobber as well. Here comes the concept of leveling with people of your own levels rather than too higher or too lower.

Now coming to more practical situation where paty people ar not of same level. The formula for exp division is:

Total party exp = Exp after bonus etc, so in 7 member party, it would be, 240% as shown above.

Individual exp = (Total exp / total of party members' level)*The individual's level.

So say 2 people, 1 level 50 and another level 100, parties and kills a mob which gives 5000 absolute units of exp (this is the number which i said above is given in some official A3 site), then exp would be as follows:

Total party exp = (100+20)% of 5000 = 6000 absolute units of exp.
Exp for level 50 caracter = [6000/150 (being total of party members level)]*50(his own level)=2000 absolute units of exp
Exp for level 100 caracter = [6000/150 (being total of party members level)]*100(his own level)=4000 absolute units of exp.

Booster effect
Say a lev 100 takes a booster of level 20 in his party and kills the mob giving 5000 units of exp. Then,
Total team exp = 500*120%=6000
Exp for level 100 player = [6000/120]*100=5000
Exp for level 20 player = [6000/120]*20=1000

Now if a level 100 player takes 6 boosters of level 20 in his party then,
Total team exp = 5000*240%=12000
Exp for level 100 player = [12000/220]*100=5454
Exp for level 20 player = 1090

The above calculations exclude a minor exp bonus that u might get as ur party level is less than the mob level.

So moral of the story, to gain any extra % of exp the level difference between u and your party should be more than 80 levels.

Apart from this pure quantitative aspect, there is something for which u play. Party gives u a oppurtunity to interact, to make friends. Moreover, it can safeguard you against random pkers. No1 dares to touch a 7 member party, take my words for it (ofcourse G9 will kill 7 member g7 party, but thats something i m not talking about). One more advantage which i can remember is party can help you to prevent item dropping. Our KH Leader ATEAZ had a really bad luck in dropping items (atleast 1 item every week). However she never ever lost any item coz in 99% of cases we used to party among our friends who used to give the items back. This was even before the party helper feature was implemented. But for this you need to have trusted people in party.

@Fake_wars, yes you are right that even if you dont make the last hit you do get the exp for the amount of damage u had done to the monster. This is not really evident on low exp server like this one. But it was clearly visible on high exp servers i played on (no i m not saying i played ....... servers :P). So for those mob stealers who steal mob for exp, think again before sedem'ing in middle or mob and sb'ing them away. Thats something that will not get u full mob exp. But yes wz and drops go to the last hitter.

One more thing that people assume that u have to hit in a party to get more exp. Irrespective of the fact whether u hit or not, u get same amount of exp for each of the kill in a party.

Conclusion :
1.Party with your trust worthy friends.
2.Party preferably with people of same level.
3.Do actual party and never allow leecher, unless u have some special reason to allow the leeching of any person.
4.To gain any extra % of exp the level difference between u and your party should be more than 80 levels. ( I remember reading on SG forums, thats boosters dont work below level 100. I only noticed truth in it after i did the above calculations today).

P.S.All figues i have tried to mention to the best of my memory, since i had seen these things about 6 mths back, they may be wrong.
Last edited by Xeaon on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
destroyerz2

Post by destroyerz2 »

a3 research section :P
Bhalo
Class: Warrior
Town: Quanato

Post by Bhalo »

U guyz really take this game seriously :shock: :shock:

Btw wats ur IGN Destroyerz2?
Willkill

Post by Willkill »

sadanandapal wrote:U guyz really take this game seriously :shock: :shock:

Btw wats ur IGN Destroyerz2?
understatement.... btw... thnxs for the info guys........
Cybele

Post by Cybele »

Yeah we gotta start a thread for the Ph.D in A3 Game Research for those two. :lol:
Oziriz
Class: Mage
Town: Temoz

NIce Post

Post by Oziriz »

I dont know whether this post is new or not. M posting for the 1st time. BTW this is a really nice post. I really agree with him to party only with trustworhty friend and allow no leecher.

If some of your party member are very much lower in lvl than u, they are of almost no use. Instead of gaining xp properly, they take away xp n u sometime waste energy in saving them.

But if your party member are of almost the same lvl suppose all are between 50 to 60, and all are hunting close to each other, then the xp comes very nicely. And also havng frens mean u can share drops. Unlike leecher who wont giv em to u even if u ask. Whereas fren givs without any hesitation.

I hope m not wrong. If m wrong u guys can correct me!

:D :D :D :D
Wartool

Post by Wartool »

nice to see u in the forums oziriz . ya u shouldn't take noobs in party coz they will leech, and i know how u choose party coz i hav been in party with u frm the last 2-3 weeks. and yes the best party would be as we always do all mages probably 1 hk for healing all around same level.

IGN: Tinni
IGC: Mage lvl 56
Suckkminee

Post by Suckkminee »

Yea that's a nice way to lvl up... If all u guys can do the same quest together then completing the quest will be quite easy hence u can lvl up faster... :D