Guide to avoid being hacked -- Updated:02/10/2006

Heres where to look out for some of the advanced guides etc...
We'll keep updating them as soon as we can.
Xeaon

Post by Xeaon »

Suggesstion 1: Please remove your post from this thread. Let this thread be free from spamming/flaming/*censored*.

Yep i do remember ur mage, always had a soft corner for u. But u just vanished from the game. Guess may be for exams.

I lost my ID also coz of giving it to someone whom i considered as a friend. Well its 2 edged sword. But i dont feel bad coz i got so many good PROTECTORS friends, partly (but surely not entirely) because of the trust element that we showed to each other, by sharing IDs among others. This should not be construed as if u can get / show trust only by giving ur id. But well it surely helps. However u always run a chance of losing your ID and all it takes is just one jerk to fkk up ur ID. NEVER share your ID unless u r prepared to lose it.
6.In case you are hacked, report the case to guides, and make sure u bug them, coz otherwise they will not tell you what to do (my personal experience lol ). Remember your items, your stats, your last drops, your last crafting details, coz when you will report the hacking of your caracter, you will have to give these info as proofs that it was infact your id. Your last drops and last crafting plays a decicive role and can make a difference of getting your id back or not.
But i guess u may not have full details of your ID's activities coz by your post. Still if u really want ur ID back, start bugging Guides, BEG/PLEAD/ do anything, but dont lie. They have log of each of ur activities. So accept that u shared ur ID (which is against the rules of game). And reply to the mail that u might get from customer care people of A3/Sify.

Lastly i would say start a new caracter, may be hk or archer or warrior (and get them leeched to decent levels from your friends, if u r not really addicted to ur toon. Man who cares about toon, as far as i know u, u were also playing like me, just for having fun instead of lev up like addicts.
Xeaon

Post by Xeaon »

Too many hack words seen in forums in last few days. Time for some anti-hacking education :P.
Trixter

wtf

Post by Trixter »

Y do u care if hez elder to u r nt !!! Wt u r dealing is abt ingame char so dnt give a shitt to it !!! it ur mistake of giving ur ID so dnt regret no use !
Suckkminee

Post by Suckkminee »

Yep... Well compiled guide... Really appretiate for the time u have taken to prepare the guide...

The timing of revival of this thread is appropriate as we r seeing a lot of accounts getting hacked... This wud definately help me and my other cafe mates who r constantly being hacked... :D
Xeaon

Post by Xeaon »

Rced for excusive benefit of noobs. :P
Xeaon

Updates

Post by Xeaon »

Few recent innovations of hackers which needs to be curbed:

1.If you are using sify based internet at your home and same account for playing A3 india then you need to be extra careful. Talk to your sify admins for making password protection/change procedures extra secured.

2.Never share any personal or account identifiable material on forum personal messages (pms). Dont even store such information on your own forum ids. If a friend ever pms you a3 game id/password then note it and promptly delete the pm. All forum ids can be hacked (thats how i lost my game id as well).

3.Never ever share your account (lol how many times this should be said, but no this time its a bit new). If u share your a3 game id then ur sharer can hack your id, not only during the time its shared but even after 1 month 2 months or eternity. Its possible to get/change password for him, even after u change ur password, coz of a security lapse in sify policies and dont expect much changes in it coz a3 is only a small part of sify.

Hope this helps.
IC

Post by Guest »

do not share ID's thats all thats the reason behind all the craps
Jame
Class: N/A
Town: N/A

Post by Jame »

well i got a really insane question..
can i change my profile id NOT password. :shock:
[DGenerationX]Jame
Finally level 120, next stop Supershue.

Temozian by default, Warrior by Choice.
Greatshop
Class: N/A
Town: N/A

Post by Greatshop »

yes you can change the user ID. You haev to send an email.. but it got to be perfectly justified...

AND...

you wont get the same char name too...

I posted a query in the GM section...
Memoramaster

Post by Memoramaster »

use your passwords like @#$ and § ♫ ► etc it will protect u frm many key loggers
The Phoenix is back
Have no fear Phoenix is here