What's the trade-off between Bow and CrossBow?

Eowyn

What's the trade-off between Bow and CrossBow?

Post by Eowyn »

Hi,

I have an archer chracter in the game. I was wondering which weapon to use. So far I've been using Bow. I noticed that Cross Bow gives more damage. So I was wondering what else is different about Bows and Cross Bows?

Cross Bows give increased damage. But is there a tradeoff anywhere, like reduced attack speed or accuracy?

Thanks,
StillWaters
Shadowhunter

Post by Shadowhunter »

hi,

jus check the requirements for a bow and a cross-bow. it could be that one of them needs high dex so u get high def or high str for high atk.
Mantra

Post by Mantra »

As a bow class archer you need more dex and that gives you more defense whereas as a Crossbow class you have more str and lesser dex......lesser defence.
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

It's not as simple as more attack less defense. X-bows require more str so you get additional damage because of the str in addition to the extra damage the x-bow gives. Bows require more dex and hence more defense, but you don't get extra defense from the bow armour set. So, if left at that, x-bows end up on the positive side of the trade off.
Actually, bows also have a faster attack rate, apart from looking so much better.
Note: Str and dex have the same effect on attack and defense respectively i.e. they raise it by 1 every 2 stat points so it's an even trade off between the stats.
Ajax

Post by Ajax »

tinkerbeast wrote:It's not as simple as more attack less defense. X-bows require more str so you get additional damage because of the str in addition to the extra damage the x-bow gives. Bows require more dex and hence more defense, but you don't get extra defense from the bow armour set. So, if left at that, x-bows end up on the positive side of the trade off.
Actually, bows also have a faster attack rate, apart from looking so much better.
Note: Str and dex have the same effect on attack and defense respectively i.e. they raise it by 1 every 2 stat points so it's an even trade off between the stats.

thx fr the info dude
Corpsepoetry

mmm

Post by Corpsepoetry »

Theoretically Bows should require more Strength as it takes a lot more skill and power to pull back the string, most games got this right such as Maplestory.. just thought someone would like to know lol.