Noob Mage ~ Help ~

Feelmyheal

Noob Mage ~ Help ~

Post by Feelmyheal »

Alright Uh, I just made a mage... First mage char Ingame. I have 2 questions basically.

1) I want to become an elemental mage. Now is this a good thing? My friend told me to take the 4 2 build, but I read here that 5 1 at Odd levels, and 42 at even levels. Is this the right one?

2) I got a shue (+1 Fire attack, +1 Attack, +1 Magic). Is this good? Considering there is no exp raise?

Thanks in Advance!
Ladyrowena
Class: N/A
Town: N/A

Post by Ladyrowena »

Hi

Though this has been repeated a lot and i know bring_it_on will not be happy my repeating this. But here again are tips on which u can act upon.

There are two builds possible initially

1. Dex mage that is complete 4 2 distribution. This kind of mage has more dexterity hence can tank more mobs and monsters and bosses.

2. Elemental Mage has 4 2 at odd and 5 1 at even excellent at attack but empties hp and mp pots faster .

Hence as you can see both have their pros and cons.

Now for advice.

Its your choice to give an example if you have seen high level players missmage is g9 ele mage guidemax wears g10 ele set and characters like bloopers and dragonmage are g9 dex mages.

Also their is option of going blood later on which will be important to you once you reach a level of 65+ talk to you then about it.

Right now this much info would suffice i guess :)
Helpingheart

Post by Helpingheart »

Well mages got best attk but the def is poorest of all. If u try to lvlup
ur mage with pure stats till 90, u will see that ur hp evoporates very fast.
So i suggest u go dex mage 1st and then switch to int mage after 90. I have
never played mage, but thats just my view ;)
Ladyrowena

Post by Ladyrowena »

I agree with what snipe is telling that better go for a dex mage first and then shift to an ele mage later but be careful do your quests properly or you will have no lore to change ;)

Nyways mages do generally leech rather than being leeched be especially careful in c1 because it is the heaven of pkers and leechers :)

Better do a variation of all quests so you get a general feel of the game and get some few important drops and learn more about the game rather than speed your leveling and lose interest after a while because ur lvling speed is poor. This is just my view :) :)

Also if you need any help in what kind of quests and what kind of builds you need there is always this forum to ask and if i am not wrong there are already many threads existing for the same will try to post the link next time around :)
Feelmyheal

Post by Feelmyheal »

Eheheh, Time for some major changes then.

Im lvl 12 now following the 51 42 build, so I suppose ill calculate what I would have at say, lvl 15, and then try and make myself that, and get to the 4 2 pattern.

Thanks for the help guys! Sorry for actually asking (I did use the search button), but then all I saw was "Blood Mage" "Ele with lvl 0 Blood" "g9 Blood Mage" etc etc.

I was like "Uhh.... What do I do at level 7? :shock: "
Pero

Post by Pero »

In a server like a3india go blood (That is pump all your stats to vita after a certain level ! I would say g8 cause you get good attack and good def with a g8 bloody mage ) .Its just my opinion ....you could ask other mages to ..
Ladyrowena

Post by Ladyrowena »

@sky

I think you are right but that would definitely depend on the merc ss and robust level you have being a mage i definitely think these factors mean more rather than the build if you are a mage just for earning and killing bosses and not for the experience best become blood as early as you can like lvl 65 would do just fine with mounted stuff.

But if you are here for the experience of being a mage blood really spoils that its one thing to tank a boss and completely another to see 5k damage on him :)
Pero

Post by Pero »

Level 65 blood is one of the dumbest things to do ! ..Because you may have a lot of Hp pots,but then the attack creeps do on you is to much ..! ..And your hp will drain like crap but then you don't see the high damage on you because of your high hp pots..
Ladyrowena

Post by Ladyrowena »

@sky

That is wht i too think but there are ppl who have benefitted from lvl 65 blood the drops u get are awesome due to boss kills and also u have enough hp pots to tank a serious pk attempt at low levels

Examples being premsundar and bloopers:)

But as i said its a personal choice i still would prefer sainath going pure till the point he thinks he is ready for boss kills :)