Proposed Changes (Current Forums)

Hi People,
Feel free to suggest some forums that you would like to see here
sodine

Proposed Changes (Current Forums)

Post by sodine »

Greetings, I am new around here and (yes this may be a little too picky) I have noticed that on the forums, some things that could be improved.

Take a look yourself, I feel they should be corrected as it is an easy task on PHPBB, and many other forum systems these days.

I also feel that certain forums should have a name change and some description changes to mostly all.

-- Forums I feel that should be renamed:

Noob Guide - Current Name
Newbie Corner - Proposed Name

Proposed Description:
New to the game, need help from your fellow players? Come here and post your questions.

----------------------------------
Reason being: I feel the name/description should be changed to not encourage the use of the word noob. This may put many players off as it is an offensive word.

==========================

Current Name: Showoff!!!
Proposed Name: Share Your Screenshots!

Proposed Description:
Do you want to show off your character? Share some funny screenshots? Well, whatever screenshot you have - feel free to post it here!

Current Name: Suggest A Forum
Proposed Name: Forum Suggestions

Proposed Description:
Would you like to suggest something for the forums? Here you can suggest a new forum and so on. Don't be shy!

Current Name: Report Abusers
Proposed Name: Report Abuse

Proposed Description:
Has someone broken the rules? If they have, post here and we'll see what we can do!

Current Name: Post a Bug
Proposed Name: Bug Report

Proposed Description:
Found a BUG in the name (Something that isn't right)? Well, to ensure it's fixed, post here!

I could rewrite every single description, and possibly rename just about every forum (although some are ok in my eyes)

But anyway, please do these fixes.

Thanks,
Sodine
Last edited by sodine on Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maghammer

Post by Maghammer »

Reason being: I feel the name/description should be changed to not encourage the use of the word noob. This may put many players off as it is an offensive word.
Thats just plain STUPID. If someone gets offended... it aint our problem. Lets face it... your first time at a game you ARE a noob.

I mean WHAT THE HELL is the point? Its just wording it differently and IMO not anythign better. Could someone please enlighten me as to why Post a Bug is inferior to Bug Report. Hell if anything... it isnt a report and you just post it. Making changes for the sake of it is just plain dumb.
(yes this may be a little too picky)
Very Very true.
Isildur

Re: Proposed Changes (Current Forums)

Post by Isildur »

sodine wrote:Greetings, I am new around here and (yes this may be a little too picky) I have noticed that on the forums, some things that could be improved.

Take a look yourself, I feel they should be corrected as it is an easy task on PHPBB, and many other forum systems these days.

I also feel that certain forums should have a name change and some description changes to mostly all.

-- Forums I feel that should be renamed:

Noob Guide - Current Name
Newbie Corner - Proposed Name

Proposed Description:
New to the game, need help from your fellow players? Come here and post your questions.

Current Name: Showoff!!!
Proposed Name: Share Your Screenshots!

Proposed Description:
Do you want to show off your character? Share some funny screenshots? Well, whatever screenshot you have - feel free to post it here!

Proposed Description:
Would you like to suggest something for the forums? Here you can suggest a new forum and so on. Don't be shy!

Proposed Description:
Has someone broken the rules? If they have, post here and we'll see what we can do!

Proposed Description:
Found a BUG in the name (Something that isn't right)? Well, to ensure it's fixed, post here!

I could rewrite every single description, and possibly rename just about every forum (although some are ok in my eyes)

I have extensive knowledge with PhpBB's administration system, so if you're in need of some extra help (voluntarily), I will be willing to pitch in and help you better the community.

But anyway, please do these fixes.

Thanks,
Sodine

Ur not even 2 days into the game and u start handing out suggestions that are the least of anybodys problems.!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
sodine

Post by sodine »

Well, that doesn't mean I can't, does it?

I don't see how it justifies me from been allowed to or not.
Isildur

Post by Isildur »

Well, that doesn't mean I can't, does it?

I don't see how it justifies me from been allowed to or not.
Exactly. Just because The Indian Government does not ban u from shitting in public on the roads , doesnt mean u have to do that, do ya? Or would you rather prefer to shit on the road and show ur `Peacock Tail` to the public than doing it in the toilet!