Leveling Character for non auras

Have an event idea, Like to see it happen at Hellmarsh. Write about it, your dream might just come true.

Lookingmage
Class: Mage
Town: Temoz

Leveling Character for non auras

Post by Lookingmage »

Hey everyone :)

I have one more suggestion for an event.

Event Description:
A player could be given an aura 5 mage for x number of days (ex. 15 days).
During this time, it's his(person who has been given the character) responsibility of making c3 parties for at least x number of hours per week.

Selection of suitable candidate can be done on forums and each person has to vouch for himself.
Failure to make c3 parties will result the player losing access to aura 5 mage and it'll be passed onto next suitable candidate.
Since, access to the aura5 mage will be only for a specified duration, everybody will get a chance sooner or later.

It's up to a player who has got the access to choose whom he wants to level and whom he doesn't.
We (aura5s) can personally monitor if things are going right, we can inform guidefury / gms if anything goes wrong at any point of time.

Why do we need such event?
Actually, most of us are now grown ups (though we don't act like grown ups :P ). It's difficult to be online all the time but, there are people who can find time and really want to level up their characters. It'll be a great boost for new players.

Please give it a thought, I know there will be a few complications around this but I think there will have advantages compared to disadvantages.
Gmstorm
A3 Gamemaster

Re: Leveling Character for non auras

Post by Gmstorm »

Are there any volunteers for such a thing? We need characters.
[GM]Storm
Lookingmage

Post by Lookingmage »

Gmstorm wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:58 pm Are there any volunteers for such a thing? We need characters.
Will it be possible from Gamemasters' side to make a new character with some appropriate name for this event? It'll be easier for players to recognize the character.

It'll be difficult for existing players to share their aura 5 characters.
Gmstorm
A3 Gamemaster

Post by Gmstorm »

Lookingmage wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:21 pm
It's up to a player who has got the access to choose whom he wants to level and whom he doesn't.
Huge 🚩there.
[GM]Storm
Lookingmage

Post by Lookingmage »

Ha ha.. I understand.
But as I mentioned, character will be given for a specified duration. Everybody will get a chance sooner or later. It'll be difficult to force someone to help whom he doesn't like :p
Lordfire
Class: Holy Knight

Post by Lordfire »

Gmstorm wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:34 pm
Lookingmage wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:21 pm
Huge 🚩there.
Or There could also be quest exp event on weekends or hours more appropriate as not everyone has access to a5 mage to leech but they can rather do Quest and Level Up.
Lookingmage

Post by Lookingmage »

Any updates on this suggestion?
Gmstorm
A3 Gamemaster

Post by Gmstorm »

Lookingmage wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:18 pm Will it be possible from Gamemasters' side to make a new character with some appropriate name for this event? It'll be easier for players to recognize the character.
I had a word with our Technical Team. Unfortunately this suggestion is not possible to implement.
[GM]Storm