server lag from VSNL(Gmkarr)

Got a problem or a question after you login to the game client? Post them here.
Please bear in mind that you can talk to the guides and the GMs inside the game as well.
Alador

server lag from VSNL(Gmkarr)

Post by Alador »

I Spoke to Operations in VSNL(broadband) and they'd like to know the server (Radyan) details : location, IP and the stuff, if its possible, to check on server lag issues being faced by some players.
Lemme know.

To GMKarr : Dude, this is independent of the problem I'm facing in my character (Alador HK) reg the hit rate. Im gettting top notch pings connecting to servers in Gamespy.

Did u guys manage to fix the probs?? Lemme know BOTH the detailz.!!!

ty
~Aladaor
lvl 40 HK
Maghammer

Post by Maghammer »

I suffer lag too from 10AM-3PM everyday. Im guessing its cause of something on their end of the server. I use toucheltel, while my friend uses a local ISP (im not sure who the local guy gets bdwidth from) and you use VSNL. Im guessing thats enough variety to prove thats its something like a slow server connection.

Just a hypothesis : Is the sify connection used for the server shared with something bandwidth intensive that mainly operates in the morning? Or is it shared with other sify users in that area, like offices who use the net in the morning and afternoon mainly?
ccramk

Post by ccramk »

Hi!

We will surely check over it and will do the needful.Thank you for informing us about your lag.
Isildur

Post by Isildur »

MY conn lags 2. And its not just 10-3, its anytime u want. I logon at 10 in mornin, it lags. I logon at 3 in afternnon, it lags. I logon at 3 in night, then also it lags(and night is supposed to b a gud time 2 play).
BTW, im on VSNL dialup and i dont realy blame u guys at a3 4 that.But my frends in the neighbourhood, theyve got unlimited plans frm sify, they say it lags there also. Im switchin to BSNL broadband this week, hope it dosnt lag.
Ive not played A3 4 2-3 weeks now - coz i just used to lvl down - if u no wat i mean. Percentages in -25% were not uncommon.
ccramk

Post by ccramk »

Hi!

Ya we will check over to your friends problem with sify.Tell him to send a mail to [email protected] with the details of his system configurations and his user details.

Regards,
Ram
Alador

Post by Alador »

dude.
VSNL guys say this is a first!! they havent really bothered much about MMORPG and online games coz no one has ever told them yet. Yup, I was the first to lodge a complaint.
Fact is , no one there has any clue to what the problem REALLY is about and Im a little low on the tech know-how to tell them.
Bottom line, u'll see a lot of technical issues( lag, jerks etc) from non Sify-ISPs.

Perhaps GMs you guys can TELL me(or us, VSNL users) what I NEED to tell the VSNL operations so they can get around to tackling the problem. Lag is too small a word for them to bother about. Perhaps, some detailz flushed out by SIFY would be a right place to start.
ccramk

Post by ccramk »

hi!

We have got a couple of compalints about the lag.So we are testing our game with all the isp's.So the problem is expected to be resolved very soon,

Regards,
Ram
Isildur

Post by Isildur »

ccramk wrote:Hi!

Ya we will check over to your friends problem with sify.Tell him to send a mail to [email protected] with the details of his system configurations and his user details.

Regards,
Ram
I think he quit when he saw the lag that was b4. Ill ask him all the same.
ccramk

Post by ccramk »

Hi!

I will and try to rectify the problem as soon as i receive the mail from him.Thanks for your reply Neodane.

Regards,
Ram.