Tell others what you think of A3 so far
Jrkatie
Class: N/A
Town: N/A

Obsessed! My saga with A3.

Post by Jrkatie »

Hi all...
Here's my tale abt gaming and A3...

My first encounter with A3India was at a Sify Gamedrome in Jamshedpur. I knew no one who played it, i just started out on my own. After trying out all chars i settled with Archer. Even though there was this lack of skills, i still enjoyed it. Soon 3 more friends joined me in bunking coaching classes and going to the gamedrome to play A3. 2 of them made mages, and one made a HK.

My archer's name was Katie. Frnd's hk was Wickedsoul. Doubt anyone would remember either.

Some memories from tht time: There was this competition of who could lvl up youngsters the fastest. i think the highest char at that time was Realpower (MAge); though not sure. She had won the competition.

Then there was the Mass Pking by high lvl players in Grnita and other lvling up maps, demanding that the price of ujs be reduced from the then 3.5mil!!

Then Grnita got closed. (Sadness everywhere :P)

Then by lvl 66 i had made my first G9 item. I think i was the lowest lvl char to have made it at least at that time. Kokinos helmet, which i then traded for 30% mounted betea with addn attk and maxed out elements + wz.

I remember Eos, a very kind person and a person of character.

Then hatrel opened and UJ prices reduced drastically.

I was the only archer soloing in p1 to lvl up. used to use stoneskin and hunt those multiplying bats at lvl 9x.

I soon became full g8 had awesome luck with drops and crafting etc. I had got 3 of those red g7 mage staffs and 2 of the white staffs within 2 days. :P

And then all my luck ran out. No quest drops, no item drops nothing for almost a month. It would take weeks to complete a quest, so it all got boring and i had quit. This is now around 18months since i started. (if u ask why so long, it was cuz i used to play from gamedrome 2hrs a day, 3 days a week whle in school; then i went to collg).

Then i played TTA3 in college, got bored of it in a few months. (Whats with all the rebirths. MY GOD!!)

Shifted to Ragnarok private servers. Even played on a 1billion/1billion/100x server. LOL. Got bored of that too.

Shifted to WOW. MY god its slow!! Whats with all the travelling from one place to another on the hippogryph. Instant tp nahin rakh sakte kya har game ke jaise?? lol. This must be what i played the least.

And now life's full circle and here i'm back to A3 India. 1x server, yet interesting, bcoz the sense of accomplishment u get here, u miss out everywhere else.
First sight on the server: Maa-Behen ki ladai btween two chars in 100k shouts. aaaaah!! Feels like home.. lol. (BTW i hate those fights! But it feels indian. Thats why it feels like home).

Sad thing: prev id got deleted cuz of lack of use in 2 yrs. Have to make Katie all over again. So if u see Jrkatie (read: Junior Katie) running around, thats me :P
I wish there was a way to get original id back though.

Some changes i've seen: The number of players has shrunk massively. Most new chars are those of already existing players. GM staff has almost abandoned the game. The last post in "Penalized/Banned" forums is dated somewhere in 2007. Dont tell me no one committed an offence since then. Today i read somewhere that Guidelulu and Max no longer are there. Thats sad.

GM's i remember u guys were voted the best amongst all official servers a few years back. I was there then. Pls there is still a way to save this server and bring it back to what it was like during its prime.
Pls read my post on making the server free in the "GENERAL SECTION".
I know u guys are doing the best you can, and not everything is withing ur control, but i think with active advertising by already existing members and by removing "pay to play", u guys can be in active business once again. I wud love to see that.

Sorry for the really long post. Thats how long my saga with A3 is. :)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
IGN: Jrkatie
IGC: Archer
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Textxxxxxxxx

Post by Textxxxxxxxx »

I used to play around that 2005 too. Began in 2005. Quit in 2006. Started again in 2009. Quit again after a month (when they had the pins problem) :P

Even my old account got deleted. I had a g8 hk. I think I've seen you running around like a noob ( :P ) back in the grnita days...

You're still an archer?
Jrkatie

Post by Jrkatie »

Yup still an archer :P
Its my calling.. heh heh...

What was ur hk's name?? Did u try getting that id back??
Textxxxxxxxx

Post by Textxxxxxxxx »

I did email them but they said it's too late and they can't do anything about it now (codename for "We don't know what the fvck happened to your account")...

My IGN was Ruchirkc :)

And yeah, I don't know why most mmorpgs dont have a proper teleport system. it's a pain to go anywhere >_>
Jrkatie

Post by Jrkatie »

Hi, i remember that character :D

I think actually A3 ppl have not done anything about the unused ids.
E-mail clients generally have a rule of deleting email ids.

3 months inactivity : incoming posts stopped
6 months inactivity : all emails delted, id kept online.
12 months inactivity : id deleted.

Since the mail id and the a3 account are related, with the mail id gone, the a3 id is also gone....

I am trying to contact SIFY customer care into restoring that mail id. But there is no response from their end... :(
Spiderwick

Post by Spiderwick »

ancientpro wrote:
I am trying to contact SIFY customer care into restoring that mail id. But there is no response from their end... :(
Lol...welcome to the Sify-A3 ... a surefire way to test your patience! by the time you get a reply, you can make a new character and level it up to at least 50! (and I am being kind here)
Textxxxxxxxx

Post by Textxxxxxxxx »

Ascension wrote:
ancientpro wrote:
Lol...welcome to the Sify-A3 ... a surefire way to test your patience! by the time you get a reply, you can make a new character and level it up to at least 50! (and I am being kind here)
And by the time you get your char back, your new char will be G8 :P