Good map locations for questing archers

Eos
Class: N/A
Town: N/A

Good map locations for questing archers

Post by Eos »

Ok, so I've already griped about how tough it is for archers to lvl up solo in another thread. But I've got to say this to new archers(hey, any new player!): Please do quests!! The lore is very important at high lvls. Keep spamming (repeating) the same quest till you get past it.
Agreed this is an MMORPG and you party with high lvl ppl to lvl up, but do only that and get tagged as leecher, earning the wrath and contempt of the high lvl players (esp. the oldest ones who lvled up the hard way).
The best way is-take a quest for when you're alone or bored.
Here I'm gonna talk about the best map places for archers to hunt for some maps (Others, please add on any further suggestions in the replies to this)

Let's face it, we archers suck at defense. (Crossbow archers even more so). A dozen mobs surrounding you and you are toast. Moreover, different types of monsters often roam together, making it difficult to kill one type while taking damage from others.
So how does one kill monsters for quests without dying/draining HP?
Unlike mages who get fire field for area attack quite early-archers can only take one target at a time till arrowstorm 1 at lvl 73. (Chainshot and piercing don't count cos they're still uni-directional)
So the thing is to find out the least populated place on a given map, where you only get the type of monster you're hunting, and nothing else. This has to be found by trial and error, and may not always be possible. (Hautz in R4 are an example; they always roam alongside Yahgons)
Here's the deal, map wise:
If anyone knows any other good spots on maps, please post info in replies

Elkenver: Here the common problem is-you're doing 'heart of temple knight/hemmerd' quest, and keep getting hit by the rangers (amadys). For hemmerds, go to the burnt out area after crossing the bridge.
For ONLY temple knights-go to the bend in the road near the top of the map. There TKs spawn, and there are no amadys to bother you nearby. Simply pick them off one by one, and hit and run IN THE SAME AREA.

Carode:
Olgocs-mostly near the entrance (this is a no brainer)
Harpies-follow the road towards the right from entrance, and there's lots of harpies there. Beware of being overwhelmed, though.
Grou: These dish out lethal damage in groups, when doing the 'heart of grou' quest at lvl 4x. Go to the oasis in the top left of the map (near the gate leading to C1). Behind some rocks, theres a cliff. Hang out here, and grous spawn in groups of 2-3 max, so you can take em out without too much trouble.

Folkvangar One of my favorite quests till now has been 'Thread of Kumanon' from Mecho in Quanato (dunno who gives in Temoz). You can do it upto lvl 45, and it gives good XP.
The problem with kumanon being they are rangers-and if 6-7 of em start firing at you, you're done for. On entering the map, turn right, and stick to the side wall till u reach an outcrop of rocks. Hide behind them, and pick off the kumanon as they appear in ones and twos.
For kukadon (They drop Mirage 1, for interested archers :cool: )-keep moving forward once you enter the map. You will have to cross an area with both kumanon and kukadon. After that there's a small hill beyond which there are paraks and mouleks. Stay around this hill and get the kukadon that spawn here.

Fairmode When you enter, noblen and grayhag abound. Turn left and go to this outcrop of stones among the trees for lots of greyhags; turn right and walk a short distance to attract noblen. Polks and plonitz are near the top of the map; stand close to the Vemerden gate if you are interested only in plonitz. Polk mingle freely, hit n run works for them.

Vemerden The area near entrance is full of polk and plonitz. Here's a breakup of where to look for other mobs:
Rescas/Vonoy: Head for the island in the middle of the river. Rescas keep popping up here. Not advisable for low lvl archers though-your best bet is to stay near the riverbank.
Hell Kartarians: Strictly no-brainer-you find em all over the ruined cottages north of the river.
Gerges: Follow the river south, and the south bank area has nothing but gerges. They tend to clump together though, so you need some running gymnastics to avoid getting hit.
Ravaks: Roam among the same ruins as hell kartarians; if you go up the slope to the ruined temple at the top, you find that an exclusive ravak area. (You'll be goin g here for the 'sword of templer' quest)

C1 Olgocs of course, are right where everybody goes. And no archer will get olgoc quests at lower lvls anyway.
Kasthols: For arrowstorm archers-best place is near the gate at the top of the map. To save time reaching there, TP to C2, turn around and go through the gate, so you directly reach there without having to walk all the way. For the rest-well-you can try em by walking in the narrow corridors flanking the maze. They appear along with doomed mouleks and roam in ones and twos, so killing em shud be easy.

Metheia: There's a series of long narrow areas on the sides of the maze, with about 2-3 methiea floating about in them. Run around within these only, to avoid attracting many more from the other side.

C2 C2?? Who goes to C2? Isn't that place deserted? Well, I got news for u all-the gate at the other end of C2 leads to Grnita! Unfortunately it's disabled so you can't use that to get in. (Guidelulu told me this)
Well, C2 quests are mostly for jakaka and yatake, both of which are in plenty near entrance. But if you wanna avoid those pesky demetrones, go in a bit deeper. Theres a small room with a stream flowing on the floor. This room always has just 2 yatake and equal no. of jakaka and demetrone, no Es Jakaka to bother you.

R1 R1, famously known for the lore wh*ring dark memora quest, has other tricks up its sleeve. I don't recommend going there before you are around 55+, cos otherwise these memora dish out lethal damage.
Torturer: Go to the center of the map. They spawn in groups of 3 and 4. Watch out for the hounds that appear with them. An easy way to get there is, go to R2, then walk up the stairs on the side, to directly reach R1 center.
Staff Hemmerd: Follow the maze of corridors along the bottom of the map.
There is a portion with about 2 Rangdell hounds and 3-4 of these guys. Lure em to an empty room and shoot :D

R2 R2 quests become available after lvl 50, and can be quite tough to do till you get chainshot at lvl 62. If you can avoid vobugs (they do considerable damage in the 50s), it's quite easy for R2 creeps to follow you around. Higels and Dark Saints all move together-theres no exclusive place for them. But if you wanna do higels, go north from the entrance-there are more Higel than DS.
For DS and vobugs, go south. And of course, beware of Es Higel.
Lure the creeps to follow you close together, then whack em with chainshot to take out 2 by 2.

Updated Dec 19th-added section on R3

R3: Well, this is a tough place for archers in particular, and in general also if you lag a lot. You get quests here between 70 and 90, so after the jump quest at 70(with a 15% XP shue, you should be at 75.758 when you finish it), you can get started.
Unlike the previous maps I've described, I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE archers from soloing in R3 if they can help it. Don't underestimate the lirox. Once they surround you, your HP will evaporate like snowflakes in the Sahara. Makes you so vengeful and wish there was a balls of lirox quest instead of an eyeballs one :evil:
Khun-These are scattered all over the map, and there are very few places exclusively occupied by them. (Correct me if I'm wrong here). If you see an Es Khun (they're grey unlike the red n yellow normal khun) RUN!
Lirox-The meanest mothers of R3. The best spot is, go to R3 via Temoz, and on the map, go to the top face of the square area at the bottom right (basically as you enter, go straight grab the first right, and go near the room entrance on your right). Partying with a dragon breath capable mage and a necten capable HK is highly recommended
Sonos: These dish out considerable damage at range, but the effect reduces as you level up, and a fire shield from an HK does help. The center of R3 has more of them.

R4 Ok, I seem to be getting the hang of R4 now. Generally there are two favorite areas for people in R4: The northeast of the map, at the top of some steps, and the R4 boss area in the center of the map (near the pink shaded area). Both these places have hautz and yahgon in abundance. If you're more interested in hautz alone-heres where you go.
From the aforementioned favorite place-go down the steps to a lower floor (descending further will take u closer to the boss area). Here you have ewealia and hautz..but no yahgon. Or you can lure hautz from other sides and get em.
On Ewealia: They can be a pain when you're busy disposing a bunch of yahgon/hautz with arrowstorm. (or with dragonbreath, if a mage is reading this). Move closer to em, include them in the area attack so they also get toasted (Ok, this point is a bit 'duhhh' :D )

Watch this space for further updates! :)

Rex
IGN: Eos
IGC: 8x bow archer
KH: DaChosenOnes
Last edited by Eos on Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sant

Post by Sant »

Nice one man its not only for Archers but for all. I thought of replying,"Call me in-game I will help u level up.

lol I was stunned to see it was Eos 8x Archer.

Anyway I didnt know it was u. Guess this is for all and not Archers.

Warriors r the hardest to train and not Archers, u forgo to say about the c3 level u thing for Archers. Get cold arrow and go hunt Cynics in c3 entrance lvl up fast while u dream.

-Sant(Sword warrior)
Eos

Yup

Post by Eos »

How could i miss that? *smacks head*
I think it's cos i got bugged when after lvl 50 each cynick gives around 0.3-0.4% only, but dying there still takes away 2%.
Anyway, this post of mine was more focused on racking up creep score for quests than on leveling up. :D
Bellona
Class: Mage
Town: Quanato

Post by Bellona »

A very Exhaustive post dude!!

This will definitely help every one who is new at the game or even a little seasoned...

way to go...
Wackyelement

Post by Wackyelement »

Hmmm worried at bout lore at high lvl?
Simple just do he memora of rangdel Quest! 300 lore per Quest
PPL make 20k lore per day just by spamming this one :)

Wackyelement ( I did the same when i ran short of lore ! )
Eos

Post by Eos »

venusaur wrote:Hmmm worried at bout lore at high lvl?
Simple just do he memora of rangdel Quest! 300 lore per Quest
PPL make 20k lore per day just by spamming this one :)

Wackyelement ( I did the same when i ran short of lore ! )
Yup, you're right. I once impulsively shifted to Temoz, didn't like the layout of the place, and spent a day getting lore so I could go back!! I've only made about 30-40k lore since starting the game-now most of it is gone for this misadventure as well as fixing stats! :cry:
But what else is lore good for besides the following?
Reducing parole
changing stats
Shifting towns
Starting KH
Ilostmyshue

Post by Ilostmyshue »

lore SOMETIMES makes u get better drops especiallly rarer ones like ujs,eutuxia's. also i guess theres a typo in r2 part.. u said lvl 5X + chainshot. but u get chainshot only at 62. so make that 6x.also add the part in r2 where u can kill all the creeps u want without being bothered by vobugs.

all in all an excellent guide 8)
Eos

Post by Eos »

anaking2009 wrote:lore SOMETIMES makes u get better drops especiallly rarer ones like ujs,eutuxia's. also i guess theres a typo in r2 part.. u said lvl 5X + chainshot. but u get chainshot only at 62. so make that 6x.also add the part in r2 where u can kill all the creeps u want without being bothered by vobugs.

Thanks for the feedback and compliments Anakin :)
What I meant to say was that R2 quests are available to you from level 50 onwards, but they get more interesting only after you get chainshot, which is of course at 62. I"ll make those changes anyway.
Wackyelement

Post by Wackyelement »

rexdude wrote:
anaking2009 wrote:lore SOMETIMES makes u get better drops especiallly rarer ones like ujs,eutuxia's. also i guess theres a typo in r2 part.. u said lvl 5X + chainshot. but u get chainshot only at 62. so make that 6x.also add the part in r2 where u can kill all the creeps u want without being bothered by vobugs.

Thanks for the feedback and compliments Anakin :)
What I meant to say was that R2 quests are available to you from level 50 onwards, but they get more interesting only after you get chainshot, which is of course at 62. I"ll make those changes anyway.

I M MAKIN LORE FROM TODAY!
dredpker

Post by dredpker »

OI *censored*

GO STUDY
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: