The N00bie guide to Pluchir - (Warning: Very detailed!)

Heres where to look out for some of the advanced guides etc...
We'll keep updating them as soon as we can.
Samangel
Class: Archer
Town: Temoz

The N00bie guide to Pluchir - (Warning: Very detailed!)

Post by Samangel »

I know I've been promising this for a while, but have somehow managed to keep postponing it. Can't seem to log into the server for some reason, so finally sat down and finished this guide, here goes!

Note: If you're not the patient kind or hate reading long posts, please quit now!

Please do not complain about the length of this post. if you learn something from my work, I'll be happy and feel free to give suggestions to improve the validity of this guide. But please guys, don't shout me down for trying too hard. If there's one thing I don't need, It's demotivation. :evil: Having said this, I hope you benefit from what I've learned in Pluchir.

This guide is broken down into sections. The last section deals with the concept of safe betting. So if you know about Pluchir already and are familiar with the Pluchir betting terms and slang, feel free to jump directly to the section titled "Safe Betting". For N00bs who're approaching Pluchir with a clean mind, I suggest you read through all the sections before starting on the math involved here. :)

Make sure you read the
Notes twice just to make sure you know what's at stake!

I know the formatting or the examples is bad, I need some help to correct it. Suggestions for the same are invited and welcome! :wink:

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The Guide:

Pluchir!?
The headache of the majority of visitors, the frustration of many and the jackpot of the Pluchir Elite! Pluchir looks like any other map in the game. However, it has its differences. For one, you can't lose 2% here (Unless you're talking Wz, in which case you can either lose 2% or 200% in a matter of just a few minutes!)

Why Pluchir?
The idea behind Pluchir is to give players a respite from the daily drone of levelling and to focus on something a lot less

strenious on your stamina. Pluchir is commanded by an NPC called Lanibia (aka: The Queen) who runs and manages the stakes on

the Monster Races every Saturday between 0000 hours and 2359 hours - Server Time.

What's a Monster Race all about anyway?
5 dogs, a racing track, lots of money and even more luck! Pluchir plays host to the Dog Races every Saturday. If any of you

have been to Horse Races (The only kind permitted by the Indian Govt.), you'll understand what happens here. The doggies here race against each other in order to win. People bet on these dogs (with Wz - ingame currency) and hope that their bets

turn out to be fruitful. Winning can turn a pauper into a Prince.... Or vice versa in he case of losing.

Kinds of bets:

There are two kinds of bets that are available namely the Single Bet and the Multi Bet.

Single Bet
A Single Bet is when you bet on a single dog to win in 1'st position

Multi Bet
A Multi Bet is when you bet on two dogs to win. That means either of the two dogs chosen come 1'st while the other comes 2'nd. So if one dog comes 1'st and the other dog in your multi bet comes 3'rd, you lose!

Usually, the Multi-Bet has a higher dividend ratio, so you can win a lot more per race, compared to the Single-Bets. However this is not always true, and depends partly upon the Winning sequence, and the stakes involved. It's your discretion to and understand this fact and bet accordingly, on your judgement of the risk involved (and ofcourse, the funds you have {or don't have} at your disposal). :)

Special Races:

You also have the (in)famous Special races. There are a variety of these, and I've listed as many of them as I can remember
(Your inputs on this are valuable! If I've missed some out, point it out and I'll update my list with additional credits).

1. High Stake (aka: Highest Dividend) Race
The Dog with the Greatest Dividend Ratio will end up in the winning Multi-combo

2. Lowest Dividend Wins
The Dog with the Lowest Dividend Ratio will end up in the winning Multi-combo

3. Highest/Lowest Winning Percentage
The Dog with the Highest/Lowest Winning Percentage will end up in the winning Multi-combo

4. Highest/Lowest Number of Wins
The Dog with the Highest/Lowest Number of wins will end up in the winning Multi-combo

Note: When I say Highest/Lowest, they are separate Special Races. They just fall under the same category and therefore I've clubbed them together.

On any given Saturday, you can have any combination of the above mentioned 6 Special races. Note also, that not all Special categories and/or kinds of races are necessary. There have been times when the same special has occured twice! (rare! VERY!!)

Special Disclaimer: Special races are synonymous with "The Lying Lanibia" (and I don't mean that in a provocative sense!) A lot of people I know in A3india use special races as a cue to NOT place a bet. They instead prefer to sit the race out without attempting to <quote>Mob</quote> a bet. :-) I leave you to choose your own stand in this since the specials have always been a topic most people prefer to skirt around instead of boldly going ahead and showing Lanibia the middle finger, IYKWIM. :)

Special races are merely a normal race but with the added fact that these races contain a clue as to the most likely winning dog.

Special Race (Lies and Deceit?):

Rumors:
1. Special races are designed to make players lose all their money.
2. Only one special race is true, the rest are false.

Truth:
1. Special races are quite the opposite. They're designed to help players save their souls after having lost their millions in the preceding races.
2. Special races have a 90% probability of ringing true. However, NOTE that special races are NOT NOT NOT meant to help you on the Single races (though these may sometimes also work). Special races only give a clue as to the TOP TWO doggies.

Therefore, given an example: High Stake race. Dog1 has highest stake, Dog 4 has lowest stake. There is an equal chance that the winning order is 14235 or even 41235 If you place a Single-Bet on 1, then your chance of a win is reduced by 50%. If however, you place a Multi-Bet on 1-4, then your chance of a win shoots up to 90%. You still have a 10% chance of failure, but that's a risk you choose to take (or not, as the case may be). These are the facts.

This is a topic close to my heart. I've worked long hours on this, and I'm willing to share my work, so here goes..

(Suggestions for improvement are always welcome and I'd appreciate them very much!)

Please Note: I'm not looking at the Monster Info page, this method depends entirely upon the Dividend Ratios on the second page.

Take a sample race.. (for simplicity sake, I've only taken the Single-Bet style, this method applies equally to Multi-Bets as well)

Dog Dividend
1 7.6
2 2.11
3 9.2
4 11.8
5 4.65

Step 1: (Reordering)
Re-order the Dogs by Dividend (this is for convenience sake when you actually place your bet itself)

Dog Dividend
2 2.11
5 4.65
1 7.6
3 9.2
4 11.8

Step 2: (Decide how much money you wish to bet)
Now, my suggestion is that you never bet more than half your Wz in hand at a time. It can get dirty if you are totally out of cash!

Let's assume for ease of calculations, that we currenty hold 10 Million Wz, so want to bet 5,000,000 Wz in this race.

Step 3: (Analyze)
Let's say we're looking for a profit (Duh!) and we wanna spread our money such that we cover the most number of possibly profitable Doggies. Let's Look at a chance of winning about 1,000,000 in profit. So our expected return on the 5 Mil bet is 6 Mil.

Note your expected return down under as such..

Div Dog
2.11 2
4.65 5
7.6 1
9.2 3
11.8 4

Expected 6,000

[Note: In Pluchir, you CANNOT place a bet for anything less that 1,000 Wz and all bets MUST NECESSARILY be in multiples of 1,000 Wz, your maximum bet at any time being 999,000 Wz. For this reason, and ease of notation, I divide 6,000,000 by 1,000 to get 6,000. (Eg: If I wish to bet 200,000 Wz on a dog, I Enter only 200 in the bet window and it automatically understands that I mean 200,000 Wz. and places the bet for the same.)]

Now, Divide 6,000 by the Dividends of each dog. You'll get the following:

Bets Div Dog
2844 2.11 2
1290 4.65 5
789 7.6 1
652 9.2 3
508 11.8 4

Expected 6,000

[Note: All values are rounded to the closest round digit for ease of placing your bets]

Total the amount in your Bets and you get the following:

Bets Div Dog
2844 2.11 2
1290 4.65 5
789 7.6 1
652 9.2 3
508 11.8 4

Expected 6,000
Total Bet Amt: 6,084

This is NOT good! You bet 6,084,000 Wz and win a total of 6,000,000 Wz. No way you can place a bet on all doggies!! You do the next best thing. The chance for Dog 4 to win the race is not so great. It's the runt of the lot, and well, Look at the darned dividend for gods sake!! So let's drop that figure from our bet, shall we?

We get:

Bets Div Dog
2844 2.11 2
1290 4.65 5
789 7.6 1
652 9.2 3
0 11.8 4

Expected: 6,000
Total Bet Amt: 5,576

Profit: 424 [424,000 Wz]

That's half a million in profit and you've bet on 4 out of five dogs! Not bad! bet twice the amt and you get twice the Profit. Simple Math! lol!

But we're greedy right? So we see 9.2 is also a mighty high dividend.. Let's take that off our calculations too. We don't wanna bet on that right? It's a sure loser!!

So we end up with:

Bets Div Dog
2844 2.11 2
1290 4.65 5
789 7.6 1
0 9.2 3
0 11.8 4

Total Bet Amt: 4,923

Profit: 1,077 [1,077,000 Wz]

That's a straight 1 mil in your wallet. [Note: if dog 3 or 4 happens to win, You lose everything!

4,923,000 Wz Dissolved into Lanibias kitty! So be careful.]

if you're greedy and are sure that dog 1 has too high a dividend to make it, You can drop that also from your list..

Bets Div Dog
2844 2.11 2
1290 4.65 5
0 7.6 1
0 9.2 3
0 11.8 4

Total Bet Amt: 4,134

Profit: 1,866 [1,866,000 Wz]

Almost 2 Mil Profit no matter if Doggie-2 wins or if Doggie-5 takes the lead and wins. You don't need to bother about which one. Either dog will earn you your 2 Mil! :)

The reason why I call this safe betting, is because it reduces your chance of betting on the wrong dog and losing all your Wz, But it also ensures a positive profit margin (with some level of risk involved ofcourse!). :)

The sad thing about this manner of betting is that your profit margins are comparitively lower. Let's just play it out for fun, shall we?

Bets Div Dog
2844 2.11 2
0 4.65 5
0 7.6 1
0 9.2 3
0 11.8 4

Total Bet Amt: 2,844

Profit: 3,156 [3,156,000 Wz]

OR..........

Bets Div Dog
0 2.11 2
1290 4.65 5
0 7.6 1
0 9.2 3
0 11.8 4

Total Bet Amt: 1,290

Profit: 4,710 [4,710,000 Wz]

Unfortunately, there is a good chance that the dog you DID NOT bet for ends up winning, and the risk is way higher!!

For funs sake, let's look at the possibility here for a sec:

Bets Div Dog
0 2.11 2
0 4.65 5
0 7.6 1
0 9.2 3
508 11.8 4

Total Bet Amt: 508

Profit: 5,492 [5,492,000 Wz]

Now that my friend, is a really very good High-stake race!! :)

If you're confused and wondering how to place bets of greater value than 999,000 Wz, Just read the following:

Bet to be placed:

Dog : 2
Bet Amt : 2844
Bets on Dog 2 : 999, 999, 846

So you place 3 Bets on Dog 2. Two bets worth 999,000 Wz and One bet worth 846,000 Wz. Simple as that! :)

Should you still have any queries, suggestions or feel that I've made a mistake somewhere here, please do leave a comment below or reach me in-game on a Race-day. :)

Happy Betting, and All your Woonz are belong to me! Heh!

If you find this guide helpful, Please feel free to make a donation. All donations for the betterment of this guide are to be in Woonz and shall be accepted wholeheartedly! :P

Kaydeeyoh!

Cavalxxx has suggested that I define the sections more clearly in this guide so it's easier for people reading it to leave after reading one section and come back later to continue from where they left off. I have decided to use coloured line breakers at regular intervals. Suggestions for modification are welcome, my line breakers may be too many or too few.. :)[/b]
Last edited by Samangel on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:26 am, edited 11 times in total.
IGN: Samangel
IGC: Bow Archer
KHL: Guywise

"Cause Guywise Has You!"
Cavalarcher

Post by Cavalarcher »

The words in the coloured lines are good... but divide ur post in different parts... so that every1 can read it... better edit it and divide it... coz everyone dont have that much time like u have... it will be helpful if u do that as i say
IGN: Cavalarcher (Xbow)
IGT: Spiral Darkness (My own KH)
IGL: 12x (No more leveling)

College life started... Diploma in Civil 1st Year... Sad can't play any more
Zade

Post by Zade »

The correct information that i need.

I got it now :D

Thx dear for the good information with full clarity :)

ReMeMbEr, ReMeMbEr ThE 5th oF nOvEmBeR
Technokid
Class: Warrior

Post by Technokid »

u are are weird .. i cant read it in 100 years ............ from now i am quiting .. pulichir :P
Samangel

Post by Samangel »

Cavalxxx wrote:The words in the coloured lines are good... but divide ur post in different parts... so that every1 can read it... better edit it and divide it... coz everyone dont have that much time like u have... it will be helpful if u do that as i say
Good idea! Though I'm not very good at organizing stuff. :shock: Further assistance with this woul be cool. Still, I tried reformating some of the stuff and broke it down carefully using spacers. I hope it's more readable now. Not what you'd probably have been hoping for, but I hope it's at least a bit better than before.

Keep the suggestions coming!! 8)

"Cause Guywise Has You!"
Samangel

Post by Samangel »

D4uId wrote:The correct information that i need.
I got it now :D

Thx dear for the good information with full clarity :)
Glad it was helpful in your understanding of Pluchir D4uId, I just hope I can make it more understandable and clearer in its meaning. I spent a lot of time on it and I'm glad it helped you. :)
technokid wrote:u are are weird .. i cant read it in 100 years ............ from now i am quiting .. pulichir :P
Hehe! Dude, I need more suggestions for improvement.. I'm a Noob when it comes to writing guides. :)) And Pluchir is not so bad, if you know how to win. :)

"Cause Guywise Has You!"
Poisionwolf

Post by Poisionwolf »

Noob Samangel

Meet me in game I will pk u on site... w8 n watch
Poisionwolf

Post by Poisionwolf »

8)
Adriel
Class: Warrior
Town: Quanato

Post by Adriel »

This method however falters a bit if the dividends of the top two/three dogs are placed close to each other especially within the same decimal (E.g 2,2.2 ,2.5 ) but otherwise its a good one
Samangel

Post by Samangel »

WolverineX wrote:Noob Samangel

Meet me in game I will pk u on site... w8 n watch

Haha! Khow-da-bhai, Just wait and watch how fast I level up now. Mercy's now G9, and I can extract 1 level roughly every 3 hours solo hunting! :P Overkill is the next best thing to nothing! yay!!

Mercy levelling guide (ignoring JQ mercy xp gains) coming soon. :)

"Cause Guywise Has You!"