new board itself

Hi People,
Feel free to suggest some forums that you would like to see here
Stoneskin

new board itself

Post by Stoneskin »

i will suggest http://invisionfree.com/ it is the same board used by ragnarok forums

use this site to create a new A3 foroums pleaseeeeeeee
Maghammer

Post by Maghammer »

Invision boards are pay... and the free versions have ads. Id rather stick with phpBB it suits our meager needs well enough
Stoneskin

Post by Stoneskin »

mag_hammer wrote:Invision boards are pay... and the free versions have ads. Id rather stick with phpBB it suits our meager needs well enough

no dude invision isnt pay some of the ragnarokers already have their own froums
Maghammer

Post by Maghammer »

Like i said invision is pay... that board u redirected me to is phpBB and invision is free but with google adsense
sodine

Post by sodine »

Actually, InvisionBoard has a free version, which you can upgrade to the pay version. That website that you are been directed to is InvisionFree, not the place where you can download the PHP script and host it remotely.

InvisionFree allows people who are not familiar with things such as FTP, MySQL, installing scripts and so on to setup their own forum easily. The pay version just removes some of the copyright, and labels on the board. I know many sites that use the free version, and they don't have ad's on it because they are not hosted by InvisionFree, they are downloaded and installed manually.

I feel we should stick with PhpBB, in my eyes. Yes, InvisionBoard is a great script, but so is PhpBB. PhpBB is far easier to use for novices than InvisionBoard in my eyes, and many of my friends. Plus as this forum as already been setup, there is no need to switch to an equal script that would (possibly) require people to sign up again if the databases cannot be converted.

Thanks,
Sodine