GENERAL CLASS GUIDE by Djedmund - A3 Singapore

"Hey what do i do?"
djedmund

GENERAL CLASS GUIDE by Djedmund - A3 Singapore

Post by djedmund »

The forum width seems to be slightly stretch abit, so you guys may need to scroll abit towards the right
to view the full message. >>>>>

Greetings to all in A3 india, I have come across a few fellow friends who have came over to the A3 Singapore server to ask for help or advance information. Thus i decided to just post a newbie guide here to share with you all. I hope this will help any players one way or another especially in the break down of different categories within each class type.However note this are A3 Singapore details and may differ in the India server. One of your friend's actually ask very nicely to have my equipment's screenshots taken to share with you guys and I have allowed him to do so, perhaps he would be posting it later, Just to add on, those gears came after 9 months of hard work in this game, thus no botting was involved, i am a non-botter :) Cheers.

*(Moderators may stick this thread up if you find it useful for your community as a general reference. Thank you.)

Now lets go:
Identifying your game:
As I always advise new players, never play because of what other’s say or which ever class dominates this game, every class has it’s own special unique way of exploring this game, to fully push the potential of this class requires a similar play style that would give it the cutting edge against other classes.

I would highly recommend all players to play through out the low lvl maps as there is a lot to explore. By following parties as a booster not only takes the fun out of exploring, it also makes you unaware of a lot of techniques you can actually pick up during low lvl trainings not to mention your spell scrolls. Area spell skill lvl requirements are included so u can further decide on the path u wish to take

Classes are divided to:
Mages - first area spell : around lvl 20+ -30 (Ice Fog – Fire Field)
Holy Knight – first area spell : around lvl 50-51 (Necten)
Archers - first area spell : around lvl 73 (Arrow storm)
Warrior – first area spell : around lvl 80-81 (Freeze)
Holy knight (HK) – divided to 2 types = STR (Mace weapon) type or DEX (Sword weapon type) Refer to A3 website for a look at how the different sets look like. Sometimes one can play a certain class just for it’s looks.

Mace adds more STR to hold the equipments and thus in the process able to give a higher damage then DEX which adds more dex to gain higher defense. This is the surface difference between the 2 classes. As for in depth detailing, Holy knight doesn’t deal much damage. But their high lvl defensive spells can really make a big difference as players find it hard to inflict high damages on the HKs.

When it comes to war, HKs can handle quite an intensive load of damage by enemies due to it’s high defensive spells, it’s heal spell also provides additional hp and also it’s “trapping” spell also locks enemy and prevent them from fleeing. But generally, due to low dmg they give out, holy knights are more to a supportive class in war.

Mages

One of the easiest class to train, given the ability to master area spells at low lvls, they can lvl up very fast during the low lvl period. Mages also are divided into 2 category and a few other sub categories. For mages first 2 basic category are: (INT) Elemental and (DEX) Non-Elemental

As usual, INT mages adds in more INT thus have higher attacking magic power but lack of Dex makes their defense rather weak. Dex mages is just the reverse, adding more dex for defense and less int thus result in weaker damage when compared to INT mages.

Mages in nature compared to 3 other classes have very weak defense. Thus a lot of players devised ways to help cover this loop hole and sub-breed of mages were created. Generally the main ones are:
(Warning: certain details on opts and it’s percentage are more to in-depth focus)

Syncro Mage (SM) - Making full use of the opt characteristics of each mage type (INT/DEX) Example: DEX boots High Critical Hit %. INT Pants higher Evasion %. Syncro mages basically spread their stats accordingly and try wear the best out of each type of gears. Mix gears some may call it.

Syncro Blood Mage (SBM) - Same characteristic of gear choices as SM. But after desired grade which is usually G7 for most players, remaining stats are pumped into HP.

Syncro Absolute Blood Mage (SAB) - Gears of both characteristics are all mounted with 30% option. Giving more stats for HP.

Blood Mage (BM) - Normal Gears, May be G6, G7, G8, G9. Once u reach desired grade, you pump remaining stats into Vitality (HP)

Absolute Blood Mage (ABM) - 30% mounted Gears. Usually in G6, G7, G8, (G9/10 is possible, but rare) When reached desired grade with 30% mount, all stats after 30% requirements are pump into Vitality. Meaning additional 30% more of HP then normal Blood mages.

Remaining types are just Full Grade Mages (FGM) - Meaning they go for maximum grade inorder to obtain maximum Attack and Defense power though their gears.

2 major weakness of mages:
After Cast Reaction.(ACR)
compared to other classes like archers, mages casting a spell takes quite a bit of time before it can perform the next action thus it’s ACR is kinda slow.
Directional Movement Reaction (DMR)
which is also slow as well, all this I tested with newbie archers and mages, mages once walk into cynick is direct K:O (Knock out, bye bye, free trip to town, u get wad I mean) for archers using a certain technique, walking into a cynick will still allow it to move out thus archers DMR is much faster then mages confirm plus chop.

In War mages play a leading role instead. No doubt their main area spell strip blast gives a very high damage at lvl 108, however it’s quite useless in arena’s which have Friendly Fire mode ON. Thus mages must learn to utilize their spells well and be able to use spells like Sedam and Pan to control the party or knighthood’s reinforcements, clearance from danger, regrouping and so on, can be kinda stressful if you want to be a good one, so consider before picking this class even though it is easiest to train. Mages are quite dependant on other classes not to say the least although they are quite popular and wanted in many parties.

Warriors

Warriors do not have high defensive spells like holy knights, however, they focus more on brutal force, thus their spells are more for increasing their attack power but it usually comes with a set back of HP reduction. Warriors are divided to 3 category - Spear, Sword and Axe. Each category adds different type of stats between str and dex.

Spear - most well balance in terms of defense and attacking power. So nothing unique
Sword - stresses on defense and thus reducing it’s attacking power.
Axe - stresses more on Attacking and in the process sacrifices defense.

Different type of weapons enables you to perform certain types of spells. Most warriors are recommended to have a sword with them which gives the ability to cast a spell called Freeze during lvl 80-81 that can be helpful in training on high lvl maps.

In war however, warriors are fully charged to the front line in attempt to chase after or engage in first hand melee combat, thus some say they are in war to waste the hp and mp pots of the enemy. So depending on your play style, all I can say is warriors are a class that is hard to train for low lvls since it’s first area spell that is useful is at lvl 80-81 requirements.

Archers

The so call stealth slayers From killing from range. Archers have very fast ACR and DMR so it’s a very independent class. But it’s really hard to obtain the spells for archers as compared to other classes due to the fact that archer spell scrolls are always on higher lvl maps then their ability at that point of time. The weakness of an archer would be the low mana whereby training can’t last very long and you need to constantly waste money on repotting your mana and teleporting, and compared to other classes you can’t really solo a boss without having to repot multiple times.

Archers are divided to a few types: Generally it’s (DEX) Bow and Cross bow (STR) archers. Bow as focusing on dex will have higher defense but lower attacking power, crossbow focus on str will lead to higher damage compared to bow archers but on the expense of giving up defense. Normal arrow shooting speed may differ as bow archers seem slightly faster then crossbow archers. But when it comes to casting spells, both class has the same speed from what we notice so far. Damage given when using bow can be quite constant but for cross bow even though higher damage may be slightly inconsistent at times.

There are also Syncro archers and blood archers as well as absolute blood archers just like mage, however most players only start such breeds at grade 7 or after grade 7 where else mages some start at grade 6 gears.

Archers in war play quite an offensive role whereby they are free scale attacking. In country war they can form a line of defense to trap enemy within its range of fire.

Above basically rounds up the weakness and pros of each class as a general guide which you might now have an impression of how they will be like when you progress through out this game. Now perhaps you would have based on the above be able to see which class actually falls into a similar blood line of your style. So if you have identified it, Go for it!

Cheers and best regards
Ed

Djedmundarch
A3 - Singapore
Last edited by djedmund on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
djedmund

Post by djedmund »

My Singapore A3 Knighthood webpage is at www.ascendance.pyxian.com

Feel free to email me if any thing sensitive needs to be removed from any of my post.

Best regards,
Ed
dredpker

Post by dredpker »

REAL NICE POST!!!

HIGHLY APPRECIATED :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wackyelement

Post by Wackyelement »

Great One There!
Thank you for This Post!

Wackyelement (TheBiggestNoOb)
djedmund

Post by djedmund »

dredpker wrote:REAL NICE POST!!!

HIGHLY APPRECIATED :lol: :lol: :lol:
venusaur wrote:Great One There!
Thank you for This Post!

Wackyelement (TheBiggestNoOb)

Glad u guys like it, i must say, information shared here is always much appreciated compared to Sg - servers. I will try to check back on this post now and then, so if u guys have any questions, just post it here, i will try to help u guys out if i can n if the info can work out on your server :)

cheers,
Ed
Razorback

Post by Razorback »

hey ,
That post was awsome man ! Thanks for taking the time out to give some of us here a head start.well iv got A few questions

1.Unique weapons..I saw a screenie of a unique ax and a unique staff.Both of these had an option of "Ignores opponents evasion and magic evasion respectively" now for example the main advantage an archer is their (in our server atleast )massive evasion ie. mirage + equip so does this mean a unique weapon will get no 0s at all while attacking an archer or any other char??
2.does this mean crit evasion is also ignored?
3.how does one obtain one and can one mount/craft options on a special weapon??
4.. how do warriors stack up against other charecters in the game in pvp 1on 1 as well as party pvp (wars) when they are all at g9 or g10
5.what lvl (on an average ) does a charecter have to be to lvl up 2 shues to lvl 100 for a super shue?

..thats all for now ... :idea:
Bellona
Class: Mage
Town: Quanato

Post by Bellona »

:shock: wow that must have taken a lot of time to put together

Really appreciate the trouble taken to post all that. Awesome post (Salute!) :)
djedmund

Post by djedmund »

shurtugal wrote::shock: wow that must have taken a lot of time to put together

Really appreciate the trouble taken to post all that. Awesome post (Salute!) :)
Yea sort of took some time to compile it, was actually one of the replies i gave to one of the players in the sg forum as some forumers there gave wrong info, so i thought might as well type out one fully detailed one for them.
djedmund

Post by djedmund »

shizzlemnizzle wrote:hey ,
That post was awsome man ! Thanks for taking the time out to give some of us here a head start.well iv got A few questions

1.Unique weapons..I saw a screenie of a unique ax and a unique staff.Both of these had an option of "Ignores opponents evasion and magic evasion respectively" now for example the main advantage an archer is their (in our server atleast )massive evasion ie. mirage + equip so does this mean a unique weapon will get no 0s at all while attacking an archer or any other char??
2.does this mean crit evasion is also ignored?
3.how does one obtain one and can one mount/craft options on a special weapon??
4.. how do warriors stack up against other charecters in the game in pvp 1on 1 as well as party pvp (wars) when they are all at g9 or g10
5.what lvl (on an average ) does a charecter have to be to lvl up 2 shues to lvl 100 for a super shue?

..thats all for now ... :idea:
Ok, firstly for unique weapons, u need to know there are 3 types:
STR/ INT type - refers to str class or int mage class
DEX type - refers to dex classes
MISC type - refers to spear weapon of warrior

STR / INT type contains the following options:
1. Damage increase by 3 times when critical hit is successful -Meaning if u do a critical hit normally at 3000 dmg, this time with this uni, your damage is amplified by 3 times making it 3000 x 3 = 9000 dmg
2. Ignore opponent evasion - meaning opponent's evasion opt will not function, u can put it as evasion becomes 0 %

DEX type contains the following options:
1. Ignore opponents critical hit rate - meaning now with this bow on you, your opponent is only left with normal attack dmg when he hits you, he can no longer cast critical dmg on you whether be it spells or just whacking u with sword, critical hit will never be hit on u.
2. Reduce dmg by 5% - meaning all dmg that opponents hits u will have a 5% reduction in the overall dmg.

MISC - warrior spear type uni weapons contain normal opts like Increase evasion or increase other opts for another 5%, nothing much for spear uni

Warriors high lvl example during lvl 160 can take be quite a hard opponent with a perfect supershue (I will show in the pic later) and good critical hit boots, and a grade 10 axe, u can really deal alot of damage, even using a unique bow, i also feel the pain haha. 1vs1, takes quite abit of time to kill a warrior, in war, warriors usually just go after mages, cos easiest to kill for warriors. other then tat, they avoid other classes.

u can use runes to craft mount on items, for example u can craft mount on, grade 1 to grade 8 items. grade 9 and 10 we have no knowledge whether it can be done, as for uni weapons with mount, no one tried it, but some lucky ones get the extra mount option when identifying it. Other then that, G8.5 uni weapons are usually grade 6 usage requirements. So it's about 25% mounting automatically when compared in terms with Grade 8.

This 25% mounting inorder to show u what i mean, i have included the picture of my Equipment, currently this set is Blee bow archer g8 set with 30% mounted eq and a Unique bow Munin which i mention is actually 25% when compared to the g8 gear, look closely at it's requirements, hope this pic willl help.

djedmund

Post by djedmund »

The set of equipment u see above, is not complete yet, some options need to be reloaded to reach the maximum percentage, other parts of work on includes lvling it up to the maximum lvl 10. so it's still incomplete at this stage, but, it is sufficient enough to defeat a Grade 9 bow full gear lvl 10 archer who is 4 lvls above me. So it's good enough even though it still needs to be work on. Grade 10 axe warriors also said they had a hard time killing me. mages of cos don't stand a chance. So some call it the godly or godlike gear, hope someone can be the first to obtain such a Grade 8 30% absolute blood archer set. I am the first one in Sg server to obtain it for bow archer, so who is going to be the first one in india? we shall see =)